- My first full marathon was the San Francisco Marathon in 2012. The race was absolutely breathtaking, but those hills were a BEAST! I am signed up to go back and run the SF Marathon this year to show those hills who’s boss
- I recently ran my first Spartan race in Temecula a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, those Spartans are no joke! It felt awesome to challenge my entire body in such an intense race, and I’m looking forward to running the Monterey Spartan Beast in June (13 miles, 25+ obstacles….AROO!)
- At the beginning of last year, I was battling a severe case of Runner’s Knee. I was scheduled to run the Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge (half marathon and full marathon on back-to-back consecutive days) and seriously thought I wouldn’t be able to do it. But I fully dedicated myself to my training and recovery, and ended up finishing both races with great times (even threw in the 5K on Friday as a warmup run!). I have never been so proud of an accomplishment, and it is a constant reminder to me that nothing is impossible!
- When I first started long distance running, I said I would NEVER run an ultra-marathon…..I recently made the decision to run my first ultra at the end of this year, the North Face Endurance Challenge 50K. I guess it’s true what they say, you should never say never
- I fell in love with the running community from the moment I ran my very first 5K. Running has introduced me to so many amazing people who amaze, motivate and inspire me every day!